3 years ago, Bob Blunk, a business man, and his wife Michelle, an interior designer & entrepreneur, bought Interiors by the Sewing Room from widow, Claretta McArtor in downtown East Moline.
In the last three years, Interiors by the Sewing Room saw more change than it had in the past 30 years!
- New Ownership
- Newly Remodeled Interior
- New Designers
- New Seamstresses
- Online Debut: Website, Facebook, and Houzz.
- Up-to-Date Fabrics, Trim, & Designs.
For three years, the dedicated business owner split her time between Illinois and Iowa remotely powering 2 businesses.
On the Iowa side, Michelle is the founder and owner of Conceptual Designs Inc. (CDI) http://www.conceptualdesignsinc.com
a commercial interior design and interior architecture firm since 2004. CDI is centrally located in the Alter Building in Bettendorf on State Street next to the Waterfront Convention Center.
Recently, office space adjacent to CDI opened up. This was a spectacular opportunity to bring both businesses under 1 roof and test Michelle’s design skills.
Is it possible to transition a 2,000 sq. ft. work room and design library into a 1,200 sq. ft. studio space?
Yes! Through thoughtful professional design, anything is possible.
Finally, Interiors by the Sewing Room has a new home with its new owner.
What the move means to you:
- Same high quality window treatments!
- Don’t try to stop in to our old location!
- We might be closer to you, we might be further; we still actively serve both sides of the river!
- There’s a commercial building for sale in downtown East Moline.
- Same user-friendly website and helpful staff.
Interiors by the Sewing Room Transitions in Photos
Interiors by the Sewing Room
2117 State St.
Bettendorf, IA 512722